Library History - The story of how we came to be!
Our Staff - Email and phone number to each dept. head.
Friends of EOPL - Make a difference. Join our Friends group.
Newsletters & PR - PDFs of our monthly Gazette. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Library Policies - The boring stuff but you have a right to know.
East Orange Public Library - a nice place to visit, a great place to work. Download a
- The Library's Center has (12) twelve computers for scheduled workshops in a medium sized room on the second floor.
- There is a $2 registration fee and a $1 registration fee for patrons 65 and up. The workshop registration fee is non-refundable and is due at the
time of registration.
- Workshops range from (1) one to (2) two hours in length.
- If you are unavailable to attend a workshop you have signed up for, you can be rescheduled if the CIT is notified (24) twenty-four hours before
the workshop starts. You may not choose someone else to come in your place if you can not attend.
- There are (15) ffifteen minutes from the start of a workshop for late comers. After the first (15) fifteen minutes, any entry into the CIT
- ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD IS ALLOWED IN THE COMPUTER LAB.
- NO COMPUTER GAMES may be played in this facility. Patrons playing games will be asked to leave.
- Use of workstations for illegal or criminal purposes or to seek access to unauthorized areas is prohibited.
- Copying or using unauthorized licensed software or other copyrighted material will not be permitted.
- Theft of, vandalizing, damaging or altering equipment, software or configurations will result in criminal prosecution.
- Any attempt made to tamper with any security devices in either software or hardware format to modify or gain access to files, passwords or
data belonging to others will result in termination of all library privileges.
- Sending unsolicited commercial material or mass e-mails (spamming) is not allowed.
- Use of CIT resources for outside commercial and private activities that are unauthorized at the library and remote sites is prohibited.
- Causing computer failure through an intentional attempt to "crash the system," or through the intentional introduction of a program that is
intended to corrupt a system is strictly prohibited.
- Using any computing resource in any way that is harassing or threatening to another individual is strictly prohibited and may result in
- The use and operation of EAST ORANGE PUBLIC LIBRARY computing facilities is subject to the following disclaimers:
- EAST ORANGE PUBLIC LIBRARY accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss of data arising directly or indirectly from the use of these
facilities or for any consequential loss or damage.
- EAST ORANGE PUBLIC LIBRARY makes no warranty that all data can or will be restored, and accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss
arising directly or indirectly from the failure of hardware or software, or from human error.
- EAST ORANGE PUBLIC LIBRARY accepts no responsibility for any loss of privacy, theft or loss of information, damage, or loss of data arising
directly or indirectly from the absence or failure of security mechanisms.
- EAST ORANGE PUBLIC LIBRARY reserves the right to use its discretion to terminate any and all library privileges at any time.